Pomptonian is calling on its suppliers to implement improved conditions for the treatment of broiler chickens. This includes a goal of reaching 100% of our supply chain to meet the following standards by 2024, or sooner if possible:
– Transitioning to strains of chicken that measurably improve welfare issues associated with fast growth rates per Global Animal Partnership’s (GAP) standards.
– Reducing maximum stocking density to equal to/less than 6 lbs./sq. ft. per GAP standards.
– Providing chickens with enriched environments including natural light, hay bales, litter, perches and lighting that meet GAP standards.
– Rendering chickens unconscious prior to shackling using a multi-step controlled atmosphere processing system that’s widely hailed as more humane.
– Providing details on compliance by a third party auditor.