1) Nutrition – “You are what you eat.” “Garbage in, Garbage out.” You’ve heard these sayings before and they are 100% accurate. The choices you make with regard to food will have an enormous impact on the way you start your day and your over-all daily performance. The source of your food, portion control, the timing of meals, and the quality of your snacks need to be on point.
2) Exercise – The importance of intentional movement is paramount. A strong mind needs a strong body to live life to the fullest.
3) Sleep – Lack of sleep and poor sleep habits will prevent you from realizing the incredible benefits of proper nutrition and exercise. Ample rest and quality sleep is one of the most under-appreciated sources of wellness.
4) Safety – Something as simple as wearing a helmet while riding your bike, putting on sunscreen at the beach, and making sure that you get your flu shot and all of your scheduled vaccinations can make all the difference if you want to stay healthy and happy.
5) Hygiene – Whether it’s a consistent routine of brushing and flossing your teeth to prevent cavities or washing your hands and keeping them away from your eyes and face to prevent the spread of harmful diseases like Covid-19, diligent personal hygiene is a major key for maintaining physical and mental health.