Why work for Pomptonian? The benefits are endless, but as a Nutrition professional you will be proud to work for a company that exceeds the expectation of a school food service program, viewing the cafeteria as an extension of the classroom and placing an emphasis on Nutrition.
Pomptonian Food Service, is an award-winning and family-owned School Food Service Company based in Fairfield, New Jersey. At Pomptonian we bring a restaurant flare, with an emphasis on Nutrition, to School Food Service Programs throughout New Jersey. We are seeking a Certified Dietetic Technician to work in the central office to assist the Corporate Dietitian in School Food Service menu planning while maintaining compliance with the National School Lunch Program.
- Maintain nutritional analysis software.
- Gather nutrition information, including CN Labels and Product Formulation Statements from food manufacturers, and input into nutritional analysis software.
- Nutritionally analyze recipes and menus.
- Assist Corporate Dietitian in preparation for Administrative Reviews.
- Assist Corporate Dietitian in other nutrition responsibilities, including: Farm-to-Tray Program, Food Allergy Management, Nutrition Fairs, Nutrition Education, and more.
- Assist in answering phone calls and emails regarding nutrition information related to the lunch program.
- Registered Dietetic Technician who has met the educational, experiential and examination standards of the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Employs a positive attitude, willing to work in a team atmosphere, and eager to learn.
- Necessary Skills: detail-oriented, exceptional time-management skills, and a self-starter.
Bonus Points: Experience with the National School Lunch Program